Data protection is about your fundamental right to privacy. You can access and correct data about yourself. Those who keep data about you have to comply with data protection principles. This site gives information on individuals' rights and on organisations' responsibilities. It also gives you guidance on how the rights and principles apply in different practical situations like for example in the workplace or the use of CCTV. I hope you find this website useful and my office is always willing to provide assistance.
Data Protection Commissioner
- 18/11/2015 The Electoral Register and "Opting Out of the Edited Register
- 02/11/2015 Commissioner Welcomes Successful Prosecutions of Telecommunications Companies
- 20/10/2015 Statement from Data Protection Commissioner, Helen Dixon in respect of High Court Case 2013/765 JR - Schrems
- 16/10/2015 Statement on the implementation of the judgement of the Court of Justice of the European Union of 6 October 2015 in the Maximilian Schrems
- 06/10/2015 - Statement by Data Protection Commissioner, Helen Dixon in respect of the Judgement in Case C-362/14 - Schrems
- 01/10/2015 PRESS RELEASE No110/15 & 111/15 Court of Justice of the European Union Judgement Case C-201/14 & C-230/14
What can I do online?