This webpage provides access to written judgments which were delivered in cases where the Data Protection Commissioner was a party to the proceedings, including a notice party. The judgments are arranged by year and by the Court which delivered the judgment. Judgments for 2015 and 2016 are now available. We will continue to add further judgments for 2014 and the preceding years over the coming period.
- Nowak v. Data Protection Commissioner - 28 April 2016 Read more
(Note: The Supreme Court made a reference to the Court of Justice of the EU arising out of this judgment. That reference is pending.)
- Martin v. Data Protection Commissioner - 10 August 2016 Read more
- Savage v. Data Protection Commissioner & Google Ireland - 11 October 2016 Read more (PDF document)
(Note:This case is currently under appeal)
Court of Justice of the European Union
- Schrems v. Data Protection Commissioner - 6 October 2015 Read more (PDF) Court of Justice of the European Union Website
- Nowak v. Data Protection Commissioner - 22 October 2015 Read more
(Note: This was the judgment in the application for leave to appeal the judgment of the Court of Appeal to the Supreme Court).
- In the Matter of Mount Carmel Medical Group (South Dublin) Limited (In Liquidation) and in the Matter of the Companies Acts 1963 to 2012 - 7 July 2015 Read more
(Note: The Data Protection Commissioner was a notice party to these proceedings.)
- Shatter v. Data Protection Commissioner - 21 January 2015 Read more
(Note - This case is currently under appeal)